A brief introduction to Engauge
Engauge is a unique concept created to support schools, local communities and businesses, who wish to develop and maintain environmental, social and economic stability.
Engauge is part of the 'Better Tomorrows' community interest company that provides:
- Specifically designed sustainability self-assessment tools for schools, businesses and communities
- Unique assessments produced with advice from specialists
- A self-help improvement support service
- Links to a range of sustainability specialists
- Practical guidance and case studies to demonstrate good practice
- A direct contact point for making sustainability links through this new website
For a better idea of how Engauge could help you
watch the Introductory Video below:
After Signing up, you are able to take an online assessmement by answering the questions.
The Assessment will then lead you to improvement actions which can be sought from the seedpacks or by contacting us for details on the framework and procuring services from one of our specialists.
The Key elements that make up the susgauge score are :
Health & Well-being
Eating well, staying safe, being healthy and happy. Read More
Travel & Traffic
Encouraging people to travel sustainably. Read More
Building & Grounds
Making your environment sustainable. Read More
Saving energy and measuring your consumption. Read More
Procurement & Waste
Procurement and waste deal with the best use of the world’s resources. Read More
Inclusion & Participation
Getting everyone involved and learning more. Read More
Using water and managing it effectively. Read More
Running the organisation efficiently and saving money. Read More
Specialists and Volunteers
Schools in West Sussex, London and across the south east have signed up to ‘Engauge’ — an initiative which helps schools improve their sustainability across a whole range of environmental, health, social and financial issues.
Could YOU work in and with schools to provide just that little bit of extra help they need?
If you are a local business specialising in any of the following, we may have an opportunity for you:
- Sustainable Buildings
- Grounds Development
- Waste and recycling
- Travel and transport
- Inclusion and participation
- Health and wellbeing
- Heritage and citizenship
The Engauge team, set up to offer support for businesses , organisations & schools, includes: -
- Local authority officers from various departments
- Petal Specialists who are local, with the appropriate insurance and CRB cover. and who have demonstrated a commitment to balanced development in their own fields of work.
- Educators, such as former headteachers, governors, and bursars, university lecturers and schools liaison specialists.
Seedpacks are information packs, designed to help you to manage improvements and 'grow' your Susgauge score. Linking directly to the respective Susgauge questions, they provide simple definitions with suggested practical actions, links to supporting agencies and possible sources of funding.
These have been written and developed by our team of specialists who are also available to help you.
- Energy Seedpack download
- Water Seedpack download
- Business Management Seedpack download
- Travel & Traffic Seedpack download
- Procurement & Waste Seedpack download
- Buildings & Grounds Seedpack download
- Health & Well-being Seedpack download
- Heritage dimension Seedpack download
- Inclusion & Participation Seedpack download
Bees need us
Engauge are looking to get involved in a community project to keep bees and harvest honey for the local community. Bee species are dying out and we can help them with these 10 things 1. Set up your bee garden now 2. Choose bee-friendly plants 3. Plant th
Dear All, its been a while but we are revisiting the engauge Project. We are working on a framework agreement for engauge members to access and purchase from covering the areas that your business / school organisation target for improvement.For those who