Sustainability Skills Qualification
Sustainability Skills - A little about the qualification?
Engauge championed the idea of a vocational qualification in Sustainability and worked in partnership with Edexcel, the UK's largest awarding body for qualifications in schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning, on producing an accreditation within their BTEC Skills Suite called Sustainability Skills'.
Designed to be suitable for learners from 11 years old, right through to adult learners, with the emphasis on behaviour change for the individual and providing awareness, experience and powers for influence.
Engauge believed the qualification should help to give focus for students in all levels of education and assist with career choices so that they can have a role to play in creating a better and balanced society.
Students, adult learners, schools, communities and local businesses can improve prospects for themselves by:
- Developing their values and participating positively in their community
- Improving self-esteem
- Finding something that both excites and motivates
- Feeling valued and part of something worthwhile
- Realising that it is within their power to make a difference
- Having knowledge of the issues from an early age which will increase their confidence and a sense of empowerment
- Being likely to achieve additional qualifications with ease as their knowledge will feel quite naturally part of real life experiences that they can relate to
- Increasing academic achievement
Many years later, this qualification is still being offered by Edexcel, which Engauge are proud of on the journey so far.